The lovely gongjumonica (over at the http://gongjumonica.wordpress.com/) was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster Award, which is an award offered to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and are rather up-and coming. In terms of the word, my nominator phrased it thus, “What is a Liebster? It is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” I am supremely grateful to gongjumonica, and I am going to go ahead with the fun. The requirements for me now are:
1. Answer 11 questions sent to me by my nominator, then make 11 of my own
2. Link 11 bloggers that I would like to pass on the award to, and then go tell them on their page. (Fun fact, I haven’t even gotten around to following 11 blogs, and all the ones I do follow, save my nominator, are all well over 200 followers. Thus, I will save my nominations, and I will keep an eye out in the future for bloggers that meet the criterion).
So, some answers to the questions given me:
1. What is your favorite book series? This one is extremely tough because I have had a different favorite for different stages of my life. However, right now I would say that it’s a tie between Game of Thrones and The Dresden Files.
2. If you could star in any movie, what would the film and your character be? If there’s steam punk adaptation of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, I would love to be in that as the Cheshire Puss.
3. If you are given one week to live, how will you spend it? Traveling to the most beautiful reaches of this planet with those I love.
4. Blue or Purple? Totes Purple 🙂
5. What’s the most embarrassing thing you have done in school? It was actually Sunday School, but it is certainly the most embarrassing thing ever to happen. I was in a class with some older teens, and being a tweeny, I was trying so hard to be cool and impressive. One of the guys said something funny, so naturally I laughed. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to laugh through my nose a little….which is not such a great thing when you have a stuffy nose. I managed to snort out the biggest, most obvious hanger snot-drop ever, and it just kept chilling there for everyone to see. Also, to my horror, everyone was laughing so hard that no one could get me a tissue, and I couldn’t exactly move across the room without sad events occurring. Ah, youth and silliness.
6. If you could write and publish a book, what will it be about? My book would be a brilliant urban fantasy, or perhaps something more classic. I have a mind that it would basically be about real events in my life or in the lives of those that I know, but the book would look at the events through the lens of how my mind interprets everything into the most epic and beauteous faerie-tale ever written.
7. Iphone or Android? Iphone all the way, I absolutely love the interface.
8. What is your favorite coffee shop and usual order there? I don’t usually drink coffee, but ZeldaStark introduced me to the most wonderful tea place Kaleisia Tea Lounge, and my usual order there is half Secret Garden, half Lavander, full sweet with honey.
9. If you will be given one chance to change a historical event, what would it be? I can’t really find an adequate answer because I believe that the events of our past happened for a specific reason, and if you change one thing, everything, including one’s own existence and nature, is very likely altered and possibly jeopardized. (Of course, an alternate reality could also be created, but I still find myself hesitant to cause that either). There are certainly events that I would vehemently wish to change were I living within that period, but all the events that come to mind are a complicated mess of factors that the altering of one event would not necessarily change or halt the process. Thus, I must (after jabbering on about having nothing to say), refrain from a true answer.
10. Real books or eBooks? I am in love with both. I love eBooks for their compactibility, practicality, and general lack of waste. I love real books for the smell, the crisp noise of page sliding, and cuddling with a tome of epic physical size.
11. What inspires you to write? Partly the people whom I love and dearly miss,partly my own desire to keep track of my life, and partly my general wish to share my excitement and joy for living with anyone who cares to take a moment and read my musings.
Even though I do not have any blogs I can nominate at the moment, I will still go ahead with the questions. If you would like to answer any or all, just feel free to go with it.
1. What did you want to be when you were 5?
2. What is your favorite smell?
3. Sweet or savory?
4. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why?
5. What is something so beautiful that, just thinking about it, your breath catches?
6. If you caught a fish that would grant you a single wish in return for its release, what would you wish for (and no dad, you cannot keep the fish in this scenario)?
7. What is something that makes you really angry (not just frustrated, but truly angry)?
8. If you could meet any person, be they living or dead, who would you want to meet and what would be the first thing you would say to that person?
9. What literary character do you consider to be most like yourself?
10. What is a memory that makes you smile?
11. Beach or mountains?